Shown here are four ensigns from the USS SLC CA25, enjoying a liberty in Honolulu just prior to the start of WWII.
They are accompanied by two junior officers [# 2 & #4] from the British heavy cruiser HMS LIVERPOOL, which was badly damaged in the Mediterranean by German planes.|
She was headed to San Francisco for repairs.
#1. John E. Coie, Jr.
1. John Coie, Jr. 2. Ruth Coie
3. Winsor C. "Windy" Gale, Lt. Comdr.
4. Ensign Burton L. Bikle
5. Ensign Charles S. "Chuck" Taylor
6. Ensign Robert J. "Matt" Matusek
7. John's Brother, Willard 8. Willard's wife, Helen
1. John Coie, Jr. 2. Ruth Coie|
3. Church A. Chappell, CDR -brother in law "pro tem
4. Helen Coie 5. Willard Coie
Crossing the Equator "Fun"
4. Winsor C. "Windy" Gale, Lt. Comdr. 5. John E. Coie, Jr.
|1. John E. Coie, Jr. 2. Unknown|
|Return to John E. Coie, Jr. Front Page|
SLC MAIN INDEX
SLC MAIN ROSTER
LG. GROUPS MISC. PICTURES SHIP PICTURES SCOUT PLANES HELPFUL INFORMATION
VETERAN'S STORIES SHIP'S STORE SLC ASSOCIATION OFFICIAL DECKLOGS SLC HISTORIAN
The address of this page is coie-04.htm
Send Questions, Comments or Report Problems to Website Curator, Sandy Eskew
Return to SLC Main Index for Email Address